The Rot Doctor


Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004
Subject: boat repair

Just an update.............. so far so good. Looks like I'm finally water tight. I finished the repairs to the transom and I've had the boat in the water at least 3 times. The final challenge is putting her in the river (Detroit River). Thank you so much for the time and knowledge that you've shared with me. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about how well the CPES and L&L resin would work. I'd have to say that all my doubts are gone. The kicker for me was when I took a small piece of wood from my firewood pile to make a custom washer to level the area around a bolt that holds the out drive to the transom. The piece of wood was fragile and dry. After I managed to shape it I decided to coat it with CPES to see if that would help it hold up to the stress that it would be under from the vibration and heat of being in the engine compartment. To my surprise it did.

I keep checking on it to see if it has been damaged but it has not. Needless to say I was amazed and I am still amazed at the strength that small piece of dry wood had after the application of two coats of CPES.

As for how difficult it would be to apply them, all I had to do was follow the directions that were included. If I had any questions I just emailed you and answers were there.

I'm even starting to look for other projects around the house that I can use these products on. By using this stuff I've saved just over 2,000 (two thousand) dollars in repair costs. I still can't believe it. I can't say thank you enough. If you are ever in the Metro Detroit area look me up.

Thanks again, Isaiah B.

p.s. I have an 83-84 Bayliner Capri I/O with an I-4 Volvo motor.