The Rot Doctor


Subject: product environment safety
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999

Dear sir:

We are finishing a log home that was started over 4 years ago. We a have a spot that is starting to rot. We would like to know if your product is harmful to the environment as this home is in contact with our drinking water.

Thank you


The epoxy is carried into the wood with highly evaporative solvents. It smells bad at first but the solvents evaporate into the air and nothing remains but the epoxy, which is now solid and non-toxic. Generally the CPES never reaches the ground, and if it does it evaporates away long before it could ever get into your water supply. Even so, if you were concerned a simple plastic tarp on the ground would eliminate the solvent ever touching the earth.

Come back if you have more questions, and thanks for your interest.