The Rot Doctor


Subject: DRY ROT ON RV
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004

I just wanted to know which of your products was the best for repairing some dry rot on an RV where I will have to re-screw the ends where the seams come together on my RV.

You have this 3M™ 5200 High Strength Aliphatic Polyurethane Adhesive/Sealant. And you also had a Layup & Laminating Resin.


Our CPES is the first product that you want to use. Let this soak into the wood until the wood will take no more. Let this cure for several days. If you have delamination of the plywood layers, I would use the Layup & Laminating Resin to re-bond the layers. If you just have some missing wood, I would use our Fill-It Filler to rebuild the shape. Finally, when you are ready to re-screw the panels, I would use some 3M™ 5200 in the seam and under the edges of the panels to bond and seal everything watertight.

Come back if you have any further questions.