Home > Customer Projects > Stringer Repair

Customer Projects

Subject: Stringer Repair: Polyurethane foam used to block holes prior to the application of L&L Resin

Date: May 21, 2006

Note: All images can be seen in a larger version by clicking on them.

I have completed the stringer repair and it went quite well. I would like to thank you for the fine product and the advice as I went along. I do have a little procedure trick I tried, as the limber holes kept seeping, and I was getting tired of losing the layup* into the bilge. I tried several things to stop the weeping, but was losing the battle. I finally took a can of spray foam, and sprayed it under the holes and went home. The next day the holes were completely sealed, and I was able to continue right to the end. Just took a drywall saw and reopened the limber area. I am attaching a couple more pictures of the caps back on. I will have some more clean-up and painting, then out to sea!


Pictures show the foam blockage of the limber holes along with drilled holes in top of stringers where CPES*, Layup & Laminating Resin*, and L&L Resin* mixed with sawdust were pumped in.
Picture 1 Picture 2

* These products are unavailable, we are selling comparable products that will perform these same tasks. Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with which products to use.

Have questions?

Contact us by phone 206-364-2155 or e-mail (send us your pictures) at drrot@rotdoctor.com and we will gladly answer questions about our products or how to apply them. With 20+ years of experience and many more in the boating and construction industries, not much surprises us. We are here to help our customers solve their issues. Let us help you to not have any surprises in your repair project.

Our business hours are 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time, Monday–Friday.
Tech support is available over weekends and holidays 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time.

The Rot Doctor, Inc.
P.O. Box 30612, Seattle, WA 98113
Voice: 206.364.2155    Fax: 206.364.4744    E-mail: drrot@rotdoctor.com
The Rot Doctor, Inc. ©1997–2021. All rights reserved.